I noticed that not every Nigerian can prepare the perfect jollof rice so i have come up with 7 definate ways of decoding the ‘almighty formula’ to cooking the ‘Perfect’ jollof
1. It should taste like Party jollof rice – that comes with the extra flavor derived from the smoky burnt rice at the bottom of the pot.
Party jollof tastes way better than the jollof rice you cook in your kitchen because it is prepared using locally-charcoal or firewood and not your 2016 gas cooker.
2. Make sure you Never Run Out Of Seasoning – this is the only way your food’s aroma will be irresistible. Keep the curry powder, thyme, bay leaves, nutmeg, cumin and ginger within quick grasp.
3. Ensure The Prayer Warrior Is Absent at meal time – if the meal is not consumed while its warm, then all your efforts would have been in vain. No one enjoys cold jollof rice . Keep the prayers short and simple.
4. Soggy jollof rice Is A ‘No No’ – make sure whoever is cooking it does not use too much water and oil.
5. Your jollof rice Should Be Colour Orange – not yellow, not faded red not dark brown.
6. No Onions, No jollof rice – so whatever you do never leave out this important ingredient.
7. The battle between nigerian and Ghanaian jollof rice is a never ending story . Don’t get drawn into it – just eat and go home.